Sunday 10 January 2016

Abi's Bunting

My beautiful niece Abi gave me a ball of red yard for Christmas, I turned it into bunting for her room





The ball of yarn!  It was DK acrylic


I made 2 sizes of hearts:
Small I used a 4mm hook and yarn held single
Large I used a 6.5 mm hook and yarn held double

Leave a long tail. Chain 4
In the first chain (First chain you made) work:
3 tc, 3dc, ch1, 1 tc, ch1, 3dc, 3tc, ch3. Join to center hole with slip stitch. Leave a long tail

Add Beads:
I use a piece of beading wire folded in half to put on beads. I had to dig through my stash to find beads with large enough holes. I found a few 2/0 and 33/0 seed beads for the small and 33/0 and some ceramic beads for the large. 

Catch the yarn in the fold of the wire:


Thread on beads to the ends:


Pull through. If its super tight I use some pliers to help 


Push the beads down and overhand knot, don't make it too tight. 


I tied another overhand knot about 2cm above the first one and trimmed the yarn. That created the loop to thread onto the base chain. 

Base Chain:

With 6.5mm hook and yarn help double. Chain until required length. Mine was about 2 meters. Overhand knot the ends and trim ends. 



In total I made 6 small and 5 large hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment