Sunday 19 May 2019

Keep Busy Basket

Keep Busy Basket


This is what I call my keep busy basket. Sometimes it has a crochet project, other times a knitting one. When one finishes another starts. This is the basket I keep a simple project in that doesn't need a lot of instruction, can be kept at hand and worked on in a spare minute here and there and I dont expect to have done quickly. I can work on it while waiting for the kettle, enjoying the garden or watching something.

There are a few rules I follow when prepping and working on one.



Rule 1: Make it look like you will finish it. 

For crochet: Turn your large skeins into smaller balls. Keep the rest in a drawer somewhere and when you need more, get some
For Knitting: Keep one or two skeins in the basket, like above, store the rest somewhere and get it when needed. 
I find this helps to keep it from looking overwhelming


Rule 2: Keep supplies handy

I use a little pin cushion with a pocket for crochet. Needle, little scissors and hook at the ready. 



Rule 3: Keep it organized. 

When I am doing granny squares for example I keep a little tin that keeps all my little first rounds contained. 


Rule 4: Make progress visible

When I'm making a granny square blanket for example, I start with a few squares done, that way I can see my goal. 

Other tips:

When crocheting: Always sew in your ends when you have finished the row/colour. Waiting to the end and seeing days worth of work sewing ends in makes you want to toss it aside and leave it forever in a bin. Make it part of the process to finish the row/round and your project will complete itself as you go.

 Knitting: do as above as long as its a project you don't need to block. 

Finishing time: I don't set one.. I just keep it handy to keep my hands busy and productive. 

Only have 1 on the go at a time :)

Just when you think you have no time to create.. you have just found some :D

Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment