Sunday 14 March 2021

Cutting into a Fat Quarter Bundle


These are lovely colorful 1930s print fat quarters called Darlene's Favorites. (Designer: Darlene Zimmerman, Manufacture: Robert Kaufmann)
You can make a quilt from a fat quarter bungle (FQB) or just have an amazing selection of prints from a collection in a convenient size for patchwork, English Paper Piecing, sewing small projects etc. 
The question is.. how to cut into it.. its so pretty, one almost feels bad cutting it... I do strips

I do a lot of patchwork and EPP, I usually end up using 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 wide pieces the most. So I take my lovely FQB and cut a 2.5 and 3.5 strip of each one, iron it and put the rest of the bundle away. if I need a 1.5 inch wide piece I cut from the 3.5 strip.. that leaves a still use able 2 inch piece.. I have a thing about making as much use from fabric as possible lol!. 

Some EPP shapes that fit these.. 3 inch Triangles and Diamond and smaller can be cut from a 2.5 inch wide strip, 1.5 inch Hexagons can be made with 3.5 inch squares, lots of uses and variety. Especially when you are using small amounts but want lots of print selection. 





Happy Sewing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment